Building your case or your defense at the courthouse is much like constructing a building. It starts with a vision. In Lorance & Thompson’s construction litigation department, every lawsuit—whether we are prosecuting a claim or defending against a claim—begins with one simple question: What do you, the client, want to see achieved? That’s where every case begins, and at the end of the day, that is how our success is evaluated. Once a client’s goals are determined, we design a blueprint for the case.
From discovery to trial, everything is orchestrated to achieve the client’s vision. Just as you would not hire a weekend do-it-yourselfer to build your project, you want professionals with the experience and knowledge to try your case. William “Bill” Luyties has over twenty-seven years experience of litigation experience and over 20 years in litigating and trying construction cases, including representing contractors, subcontractors, architects and engineers. His experience and knowledge guarantee that your case will be led by the one of the most experienced attorneys in the construction industry. While there are never any guarantees that you will win and results vary depending on the facts of each case, you maximize your chances of success and achieving your goals by enlisting attorneys who are courtroom ready and have the results to back it up. That is what Lorance & Thompson’s construction lawyers bring to the table.
Lorance & Thompson also provides non-litigation assistance and services including drafting construction and professional service agreements, assisting in negotiating such agreements, preparation of lien filings and related services.
Attorneys in Action:
- Regularly representing design professionals and contractors in construction disputes where no litigation is pending, in order to try and resolve issues prior to litigation or arbitration;
- Regularly representing design professionals and contractors in construction disputes both in litigation and in arbitration;
- Regularly representing design professionals and contractors in personal injury and property damage litigation;
- Assists architectural firms in formulating and negotiations provisions in Owner/Architect Agreements;
- Assists various civil/structural engineering firms and geotechnical engineering firms in formulating risk shifting and risk reduction provisions in their standard agreements;
- Providing assistance to architectural and engineering firms in the preservation of lien rights where payment for services rendered is problematic;
- Defending clients in high profile cases including recently obtaining a “no liability” finding for a client in the widely publicized Sandra Bullock construction defect lawsuit;
- Obtaining a summary judgment, and holding it on appeal, for an engineering company sued by several hundred homeowners over flooding in one of the major watersheds in Harris County;
- For additional information, see the list of Representative Trial Experience of Bill Luyties and Paul Goldenberg.
For more information about Lorance & Thompson’s Construction Practice, please contact us at (713) 868-5560 or via email.