Lorance & Thompson is experienced in arbitration as both the advocate and the arbitrator. More and more contracts call for arbitration as the means to resolve any disputes arising between the parties. Lorance & Thompson’s attorneys are well versed in the rules and nuances of proceeding in this forum. Handling arbitrations in the Commercial, Construction, Employment, Health Care, and Transportation sectors, Lorance & Thompson attorneys are regularly involved in these proceedings. Lorance & Thompson has skilled arbitrators on the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial, Employment and Transportation Panels of Neutrals and FINRA Dispute Resolution.
The following is a representative sampling of some of the matters Lorance & Thompson attorneys have recently arbitrated:
- Represented a group of physicians in an arbitration against the outside collection company for failure to obtain a reasonable rate of collection and obtained an award in the hundred of thousands of dollars.
- Served as the chair of an arbitration panel hearing a dispute concerning the distribution of attorney fees in theTexastobacco settlement.
- Served as arbitrator of a dispute involving the management of casinos owned by Native Americans.
- Served as arbitrator in a dispute involving the use of tele-medicine to provide emergency room services to rural communities.
- Served as arbitrator in a dispute between attorneys over the payment of attorney fees.
- Served as arbitrator in a dispute involving the vesting of a stock option award.
- Served as arbitrator in a dispute involving the payment from insurance carrier to medical providers.
- Served as arbitrator in a dispute involving national hardware store chain and franchisee.
- Served as arbitrator between automobile manufacture and local dealer’s line of credit.
- Represented leasing and management company of buses in a contract dispute with the metropolitan transit authority.
- Represented national small package carrier on a nationwide basis in disputes with lessors of equipment and owner-operators.
- Served as chair on numerous panels involving brokerage accounts and broker disputes.
- Served as arbitrator on numerous non-subscriber workers’ compensation cases.
For more information about Lorance & Thompson’s Arbitration Practice, please contact us at (713) 868-5560 or via email.